What are the main disadvantages of the index in SQL Server?

Indexes Disadvantages in SQL Server:

  • For every index, memory will allocate in the server. So, Space issue will come. 
  • indexes will increase the weight of the table. So, this is drawback. 
  • For searching only indexes will be good. It will give some performance effect to Insert, delete and update operations. 
  • It will decrease the performance, if it is used for non int datatype Column in Database. 
  • Best practice, use indexing on only INT Datatype column.
  • The main disadvantage of using an index on a SQL table is I don't have to wait for SQL to process queries as long. I mean, how am I going to find time to comment on important fora such as this, if my queries run fast and I can't zip out to the forum between queries?
  • Seriously, I think the advantage of indices far outweighs the liabilities, at least for the developer and user. There are tradeoffs that I expect the DBA to manage, but the more indices on the key columns of my business data, the better.
Any other Disadvantages, blog visitors can write in the comments. 
Share this post :

Post a Comment

Please give your valuable feedback on this post. You can submit any ASP.NET article here. We will post that article in this website by your name.

 
Support : Ranga Rajesh Kumar
Copyright © 2012. ASP.NET Examples - All Rights Reserved
Site Designed by Ranga Rajesh Kumar